Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Catching Up: Pin-Ups #21 to #31

Hello again. LaLaVox here. Back in July I said I’d return in August to get this blog up to date with the goings on at www.mildredlovesyou.com between the beginning of the year and now. It’s managed to become September in the meantime, but that’s the way it goes... ;)

This post is to catch up on Pin-Ups #21 to #31. (Pin-Ups #32 + #33 will each get a post of their own.)

Back in October 2008 my guy and I began extensive renovations and remodeling in our neighboring apartments (turning the two of them into one), and it became impossible for me to keep up with a weekly pin-up. So I posted October/ November/ December holiday greetings and the site went into hibernation for the duration.

I returned to my Monday Pin-Up series in January 2009 with a redux version of the very first pin-up in the series (which began on June 16th, 2008). Here are January’s pin-ups:

Pin-Up #21 – "Legs Redux"
featuring Thérèse-Constance van Ticklinckx, Mildred Mahler, and Kitty Derail


Pin-Up #22 – "Siren"
featuring Coco Delish


Pin-Up #23 – "Fairy Tales"
featuring Midnight in Paris and Midnight in New York


Pin-Up #24 – "Promising Rose Gardens"
featuring Candy-Box Rosie


But in February, due to continuing renovations and other time limitations, I decided to turn The Monday Pin-Up into The Monthly Pin-Up. I did however manage to produce 3 Valentine’s pin-ups for February in spite of this new one-pin-up-a-month decision. Voilà...

Pin-Up #25 – "Three Hearts (The 1st of 3)"
featuring Thérèse-Constance van Ticklinckx


Pin-Up #26 – "Three Hearts (The 2nd of 3)"
featuring Mildred Mahler


Pin-Up #27 – "Three Hearts (The 3rd of 3)"
featuring Kitty Derail


And in March came the first honest-to-goodness Monthly Pin-Up:

Pin-Up #28 – "Ready to Swing into Spring"
featuring Coco Delish


I was optimistic that I’d be able to keep up with one pin-up a month, in spite of continuing time limitations, but it was not to be. So I closed the site from April through June. I’ve reopened in the meantime with Pin-Ups # 32, and #33 (featuring our first guest stars), but the pin-ups from the missing months remain to date in a half-finished, work-in-progress limbo. I’ll post them whenever they manage to reach completion; I do want to have a complete set after all. ;) But for now, here’s a bit of a preview and place holder for them...

Pin-Up #29 – "Rise and Shine"
featuring Midnight in Paris
Pin-Up #30 – "Ruby Slipped"
featuring Ruby Slipped
Pin-Up #31 – "Ode to Erté"
featuring Mildred Mahler and Midnight in New York


Wish me luck! :)

LaLaVox
www.mildredlovesyou.com
[edit: March 28th, 2011]
Because of problems with my current mildredlovesyou.com domain host, I have set my Mildred Loves You site up at an alternate address for for safe-keeping (but am still hoping that my mildredlovesyou.com domain will go back online at some point anyway)...
www.lalavoxbox.com/mildredlovesyou.html

No comments: