Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rough Sketch vs Cleaned Up Storyboard Frame

I am currently working on a storyboard for a TV ad for a cosmetics company ( - on the shooting-board for the film-production company producing this ad, to be more exact).

As millions of other illustrators across the planet will have noticed, the rough sketch often has a liveliness and emotional depth to it that the finished product loses during the cleaning up process.

My finished shooting-board frames are very loose and sketch-like themselves actually, but they're still cleaned-up versions of the rough sketch. I dunno. What do you think? Not that I'm unhappy with the light, open feeling of the finished frame, but it seems to me that the rough sketch for it was livelier and somehow subtly more mysterious...




Hugs + kisses,

LaLaVox
www.mildredlovesyou.com
[edit: March 28th, 2011]
Because of problems with my current mildredlovesyou.com domain host, I have set my Mildred Loves You site up at an alternate address for for safe-keeping (but am still hoping that my mildredlovesyou.com domain will go back online at some point anyway)...
www.lalavoxbox.com/mildredlovesyou.html
The LaLaVox Doodle Diary

No comments: